Senior Risk Consultant
Senior Risk Consultant
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Risk Consultant to join our industry-leading team of 60 data scientists and analysts.
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Based: Home based with travel expected ~3 days per week.
Jaywing plc is an AIM listed company operating in the UK, France and Australia.
Founded in 1999 Jaywing’s heritage is in risk consulting, delivering data analysis skills to the financial services industry. Currently, our risk consulting function is part of a wider community of 300+ employees specialising in areas such as digital marketing and brand communications.
Our team have supported over 40 lenders in the UK with risk projects including Lloyds Banking Group, Royal Bank of Scotland, Nationwide, Shawbrook Bank, Starling Bank Atom Bank and many more to increase profitability, gain regulatory compliance, or improve the way they use data to make decisions.
Through our expertise in data and analytics, we have built models and delivered insight for both large and small organisations. Our collaborative approach ensures our projects deliver true value for our clients.
About our specialist risk consultants
We work right across the spectrum of Credit Risk and Regulation to bring analytical expertise to bear on business problems. From the development of linear or machine learning operational models, to the validation of regulatory models (IFRS 9, IRB, ICAAP) to price optimisation, modelling affordability or enhancing Collections outcomes.
Where and how we work
The successful candidate will be based from home but will work on client sites an average of three days per week. Our clients are spread throughout the UK, so a willingness to travel is essential. This approach gives us access to the best people wherever they live. Where appropriate, internal or client meetings are held at our office in Sheffield.
We are professional without unnecessary formality, and both our people and clients welcome and enjoy this refreshing approach.
We’re looking for an individual who:
- Is a specialist in forecasting or modelling, with in-depth regulatory modelling experience gained within another consultancy or a UK based financial services environment
- Has expert knowledge and practical experience of the modelling and forecasting methodologies underpinning operational, IFRS 9, IRB and Stress Testing models
- Will be comfortable designing and leading analytical projects; writing reports and undertaking client presentations or providing supporting analysis as part of a wider consultancy engagement; and who is happy to roll up their sleeves and deliver the analysis themselves
- Has an expert understanding of the credit function and the impacts of the analysis that they will deliver.
- Is commercially astute and prepared to contribute to growing existing customer revenues as well as winning new business
- Has a wealth of industry experience
- Has practical experience of using SAS, R or Python
- Holds a good degree in a numerate discipline
- Has an exceptional track record in their career to date.
Why work for us
Jaywing has a unique working culture with a variety of projects that will keep you stimulated and elevate your career. We put people at the heart of our business, an ethos that means our consultants stay with us for many years. Our approach is to provide excellent salary and bonus opportunities in line with an individual’s experience and market value.
We offer 25 days’ holiday (in addition to the usual public and statutory holidays) plus 1 extra day of holiday per year for every five completed holiday years worked, up to a maximum of five additional days after 25 years.
The company offers pension provision through auto-enrolment and also life assurance cover for employees.